Possibly the most disappointing thing happened to me this past weekend.
I play on two soccer teams here, one with all Koreans the other mostly foreigners. The foreign team is for a competitive league that travels the Seoul area to play. I like the team a lot and have a lot of fun, even if I'm not that great of a player.
Anyway, this past weekend we went to Osan. It took about hour and a half to get there and we were playing on the US Air Force base located there. While warming up, a group needed to use the bathroom which meant exploring the hallway of one of the dorms. We spotted a vending machine with plenty of American goodies. They included Doritos, Ritz Bits, normal Cheetos, and most importantly REESE'S!!!!!! However, this quickly turned awful...
On the vending I noticed a small sign that read "accepts American money." That was the first oh shit moment. The prices were also in American dollars. I immediately started to freak. I took out the Korean equivalent of a dollar bill and tried to jam it in. No luck. My friend flattened the bill. I tried again. Still nothing. I started screaming in pain from being so close to my long lost love but not getting to enjoy it. We had to go back. Such a hard goodbye. (ㅠ.ㅠ)
No comments:
Post a Comment